Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Poa Kachisi Kamandizi “Very Crazy Cool like a Banana!”

Just got connected to internet-yahoo. Just getting a chance to post these....

December 26th, 2008

"Poa Kachisi Kamandizi." This is the latest phrase I have learned. The local rastifarians love this phrase and the local kids think it is hilarious if I say it to them. A couple of nights in the evening I have been taking Tinga Tinga paint lessons. I love it and my teacher is Rasti, a local art student from Bagamoyo. Freshi, freshi, poa and schwari are the main words in Rasti’s vocabulary. They all mean cool, very cool, ultra cool, but all mean cool in some form. So most of the lesson we just say freshi and poa to each other….Anyone who passes by on the street gets a, “mambo, freshi, freshi” greeting from Ratsi. Saying he is mellow, is an understatement. I have never met anyone who is so relaxed and not in a hurry to do anything……

No comments:

Post a Comment